šŸ† Weekly Rankings Week #1 +2

Agree 100 percent.
Similar to yours i donā€™t even know if reggae golf gets a new game booster, as it wasnt included in builders challenge 1. In my opinion it should, but i have no way of even knowing .
I agree that for older games that have been building their brands for a long time, that it would make sense to bost those, to encourage continuity in the ecosystem, otherwise whats the incentive? Also, what is a new game? If i duplicate my game and start with fresh zerod out analytics, and then replace my old game, does that constitute a new game? Does a new game only refer to its participation in the previous builders challenge?
The MP boost is kind of misguided as MP is just not very good and super laggy.
Branded asset boost of 50 percent is just way too high. I concur with your sentiment about placing less value 9n this.

Definitely need answers in a timely manner.

10 Likes

Hello creators,

Thank you for sharing your issues. We are very sorry for the frustration this is causing and we are glad you are sharing this with us. We wanted to share the ranking board before setting up the reward distribution to be able to tackle problems just like these. Weā€™re glad to be able to address these issues.

The concern for cheaters and the use of unfair practices has been an important problem for us to tackle during BC1 and BC2 as it was one of the main feedback we got from the community at the end BC1 and throughout the first challenge. Our anti cheat systems are here to tackle these issues and have been improved upon to handle more and more use cases.

We understand that the difference between what is seen on the analytics page and on the ranking board is causing frustration and confusion. This was not our intent. Our current systems have become too robust and we will review them.

We will come back to you with an update on the situation within 24H.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

7 Likes

Thank you for the quick reply to our concerns. I do understand that weā€™re all sort of figuring this out as we go, creator side and tsb side as well, and that the only way forward is to continue having honest and open conversations so that as we eventually move past alpha and into beta and beyond, we emerge with a robust, reliable platform that we have collaboratively tweaked with our feedback and with action on the tsb side.

I look forward to seeing what the updates are with respect to this current builders challenge.

Adam

3 Likes

Hello PeaJay.
Iā€™ve been playing video games for 30 years and Iā€™ve always dreamed of doing some myself. This is why I fell in love with TSB. Iā€™m afraid that the players (whose attitude I know perfectly well) were massacred by certain decisions, not to mention the Dr. Bomkus fiasco. Iā€™m afraid now that the killing concerns the creators, there is no doubt in my mind that the TSB team is doing its best as I am convinced that the decision-makers have never opened Voxedit or Game maker, they never seem to have felt the emotion that we feel when we see players having fun with an experience which took us a lot of time and which gave us great pleasure in creation. I sincerely hope that this will evolve in the right direction because I am very worried. This is simply the opinion of an enthusiast.

6 Likes

Robust? The ā€œanti cheatā€ system left a lot to be desired with several legitimate players being falsely flagged. Sort your stuff out before biting off more than you can chew.

11 Likes

If you mean robust in ref to my post, Iā€™m referring to it in the context of what this all looks like down the road as we sort through these growing pains and poor practices, weeding out what doesnt work, and iterating on it with the feedback and steady guidance from the community of creators and players. :slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face:

2 Likes

no no PeaJay claimed their systems were ā€œtoo robustā€

6 Likes

SandTopia Social Club BASSment (STSC) can i ask why i am not on the list brought 3 assets needed in the game for the boost
the data donā€™t add up ā€¦to be honest I am getting frustrated how unprofessional the Sandbox is getting you should have tested it before it went live data analysis . :angry:

11 Likes

Hey @PeaJay,
could you please check if there is a reason Petā€™s Kitchen is not listed?

Itā€™s a new MP game made in GM 0.10 with included 3 branded assets and we had an average play time of 22 minutes. Yes, we do have a complete quest at the start.
Guess we should be somewhere on the list above. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

10 Likes

What I donā€™t understand is why the metrics presented to creators in TSB Analytics still show visits from cheaters or banned users. This is useless to us as creators. We need REAL METRICS to make the best decisions regarding marketing and experience development, the metrics that will truly impact BC2.

Furthermore, one of the questions we have in the studio is why you still allow banned users to play. You already know who they are, but we donā€™t, and this affects us because we donā€™t know if the players we are bringing to our experiencesā€”and for whom we are spending money on marketing campaignsā€”are actually beneficial to us. The user acquisition cost is high, and if we donā€™t know if this investment is worthwhile, it is a waste of time and money.

12 Likes

Can you check The Apawcalypse (-128, -185)? Every week I met at least the minimum number of players and sometimes exceeded with the help of the community. I also have 2 of the boosters.
Thank you for your patience and understanding :pray:

6 Likes

@PeaJay
I do not appear to be included in this list. This is probably due to me having to delete my original experience. There was a Sandbox issue with the website resetting my experience to default and locking my land after trying to publish an update. I had to make a copy and delete the original just so I could unlock my land to publish again to keep going in this builderā€™s challenge. This occured on Sunday 7/14/2024. This is the link to my original experience with the experience ID in it. (The Sandbox - Experience page)

EXP ID: 5868b55b-388e-44d0-b9b8-6063133c43ee

Looking forward to your response.

7 Likes

Hey hey, thanks for the rankings.
We see the higher stats for The Lost Desert PVP in the analytics section as well. The huge number of users is not counted here unfortunately ā€¦ but I guess as soon as the stats are calculated with the same logic for every experience the placement should be more or less correctā€¦

3 Likes

Guys, in our opinion there is a problem in recording data and visits. We have more than 700 visits in the first 2 weeks (now 1100) of which every day through quests, we request in-game screenshots from players (all documentable via x.com). There is something that doesnā€™t add up, and Iā€™m not saying this for economic reasons (maybe it would bring us quarters or I donā€™t know, the prize wouldnā€™t change) but to understand whatā€™s happening, otherwise weā€™ll get the engagement method wrong if the visits and matches played arenā€™t calculated .

4 Likes

Hi Peajay, thank you for sharing the leaderboard!

Unfortunately, I noticed that our experience is not included in the list you shared.

Based on the analytics we have in the dashboard, we should at least be eligible!

Is there a specific reason why we are not on the list?

3 Likes

Hi! can you check my experience? (90,175) D.N.S. deep night sword
At the end of 2 weeks, YOUR count is very different from what I see in the rankings. there is a lot of discrepancy between what I read and what I see in personal statistics.
I have more than 140 visits and more than 80 hours of play, with an average play time that is absolutely not 1 minute.
thanks @PeaJay

4 Likes

can you check this?

3 Likes

Hello @PeaJay,

We have uploaded six experiences, but only four are visible. Notably, our best-performing experience, ā€œAeko And Friends: Multi EP.1 Big Mouth Arena,ā€ is missing. This experience is new, includes all brand assets, and is a multiplayer experience. We promoted it as our flagship, and it has outperformed our other experiences in the rankings.

Additionally, two experiences (Episodes 1 and 8) had issues with brand asset uploads, which you mentioned were due to problems on the TSB side that the developers were addressing. You also assured us that we would not be penalized for this, but it appears Episode 1 has been scored without the asset booster.

It seems that all of our metrics are off as well.

We have brought in many First time TSB users in Korea so they were not banned players from previous events.

Could you please assist us in resolving these issues?

Thank you.

6 Likes

Please give me a fair, accurate ranking. Weā€™ve invested sand to participate in this, and weā€™ve put a lot of effort into it. Iā€™ve never cheated to increase play. I definitely think itā€™s problematic that there are a lot of comments like this outside of me. Please do your best. :cry: :cry:

5 Likes

I canā€™t agree more. Iā€™ve released a total of three games,
including ā€œRUN! PandaPong,ā€ and expected fair and accurate results.
Dedicated creators and studios like us are leaving.
So many people are disappointed again this time.
Please solve this problem somehow.
Iā€™m very worried for the rest of the year.

4 Likes